Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Julie Dybbro

Name: Julie Dybbro


Business Information
Business Name: Complete Women's Health Care
Address: 200 Lilly Road NE, Suite B, Olympia, WA 98506
Phone: 360-754-9409

Payment
What insurance companies do you work with? Most of them. DSHS by referral (exceptions are made on an individual basis).
How much do you charge? Is it a sliding scale? Cash pay at time of service gets a discount. No sliding scale, but we are very willing to work with people with payments.

Education and Credentials
What is your training? What qualifications do you hold? BA in Anthropology, BS in Nursing, MS Nursing (Family Nurse Practitioner), PhD in Nursing (pending July 2008).
How long have you been practicing? I have owned my own clinic for 3 years and have been a nurse practitioner for 11 years.
Are you a member of any professional organizations? I belong to several, North American Menopause Society; American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists; Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health, American Nurses Association.


Queer Issues
What kind of experience have you had with transgender patients and issues? Extensive; I have been doing hormone therapy for trans patients for over 7 years. I have a fairly large client base of transgender persons.
What experience do you have with queer patients? Extensive.
Are you able to prescribe hormones and medications? What criteria do you require a patient to fulfill first? Yes, I do hormone therapy. I like a client to have an established relationship with a licensed therapist experienced in transgender issues and a letter of referral from this therapist stating the client is ready for hormone transition.
Do you identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, etc? (Optional) Lesbian, but my personal sexual preference is not integral to my practice. In other words, I feel strongly that a non-sexual minority is perfectly capable of giving excellent health care to trans patients.


General
What subjects do you specialize in or work with? My specialties are menopause, gynecology, and transgender. I specialize in hormones.
Are you willing to work with other mental health or medical professionals a patient has worked with? Always.
Are you willing to meet with family or partners? Always.


Have you gone to see Julie Dybbro? Please post about your experience in the comments section. Anonymous comments are always welcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is pretty awesome and works with you to do things more how you want since it is your transition.

Anonymous said...

I see Julie for my routine medical care and she is absolutely amazing! She is the most wonderful practioner I have ever had. She comes HIGHLY recommended!